Clear Recent Projects

How do you clear “The Recent Projects” List in the File menu? Pro Tools has a clear command, I can not figure out how to clear the list

Hello,
Mac or PC? You need to edit the Default preferences file where these are contained. On the Mac quit Nuendo, go to ~/Library/Preferences/Nuendo 10/ and make a copy of Defaults.xml called, for instance, DefaultsCOPY.xml. On a PC it’s something similar, wherever your user’s Nuendo preferences are stored. Open Defaults.xml with your favorite text editor. nano or TextEdit work fine, I usually use nano. Don’t use something fancy like Word. At the very bottom of the long file you’ll see the member name “GRecentDocumentPaths”. Delete everything between and / in that hierarchy. The / you’re looking for is obvious once you see the pattern, the indentation is visually effective. Make sure you have the correct / to delete to, if there is an odd number of field designators it will have errors. Hence the safety copy first. Save (writeout) and exit.

Relaunch Nuendo, those are gone. We do this regularly as our systems are used for many television productions by various operators and some of those operators are not the sharpest tools in the shed. Would it be nice if there was an easy way to do this in Nuendo? Sure.

If you have questions please let me know, happy to assist.
Sincerely,
Hugh

Can’t you just right-click and remove?

Fredo

Hello Fredo,

Seemingly not at least on the Mac and Nuendo is mostly good with right-click parity between Windows and Mac. I tried it when selecting the Recent Projects submenu, and when selecting the recent project itself from the submenu. Also from the Steinberg Hub. And as always - good chance I’m missing something.

Hugh

I’ll check on Monday. But I seem to recall that this worked for me.

Fredo

You right click on the project’s name in the Hub. That gives you the option to “remove” or “delete.” That works for me on my Macs. If it doesn’t for you, I’d suggest trashing preferences.

Chewy

Thanks for the clear explanation, I’m on Mac and PC

Ok Right Click in Hub does the trick, but man what a time-consuming task, I suggest Nuendo get a Clear Recent Project command like Pro Tools

Thanks, everyone for helping

Hello,

Right-click in the Hub as mentioned allows deletion of an individual project. That work, as usual Fredo is correct. A bit clumsy but as I mentioned before - good chance I missed something.

Hugh