64GB RAM
Win7 x64 SP1
4 SSD Drives
Echo Layla
AKAI MPK88 keyboard
CME Triple Pedal
iLok
Elicenser

I have an issue where click and drag stops working altogether. It happens like this:-

1. Create default project
  2. Add MIDI channel and create a track using the pencil tool
  3. Open track and put some notes in
  4. Press any key on the keyboard (qwerty keyboard, not MIDI keyboard)

Immediately the mouse ceases to be able to click and drag in any part of Cubase. For instance I can’t:-

Grab scroll bars to move around windows
Grab a selection of notes to copy and paste them
Grab the left and right markers on the timeline
Change values in plugins
Lengthen notes that have already been created
Click on the piano keyboard down the left hand side of the MIDI grid editor

The left button still works in its capacity for selecting - e.g. I can click on a note in the MIDI-grid editor, and it turns black, but anything that involves selecting and then moving the mouse no longer works. Some functions can be performed with the wheel instead (e.g. changing values on some plug-ins, and scrolling down windows) but some things simply can’t be done at all.

I don’t think the mouse and keyboard are at fault, nor their drivers, since they continue to interact just fine with any other program that is open. I’m also sharing the keyboard and mouse over my LAN, using a utility called Synergy, and they continue to work just fine on both my slave machines. It is only Cubase where the left mouse button is not behaving.

Hi,
This is most likely not a bug but system related.
Does the problem also occure with a standard mouse and mouse drivers?
Did you already try to uninstall Synergy?

Greetz,
JHP

Seeing this exact issue here, too. Can’t drag anything in an old or new project.

Hi,
This is most likely not a bug but system related.
Does the problem also occure with a standard mouse and mouse drivers?

Is there maybe two projects open, one active and one inactive and you are trying to make changes to the nonactive one? In your taskbar you can click on the Cubase symbol and see how many windows are associated with the program.

Greetings,
JHP