Click On Editor Should Locate More Precisely

This is a regression. Cubase -used- to not behave like this.

So if you’re in the middle of the screen and you click on an event… the -middle- of an event, when the editor opens it places you at the beginning of the event. WRONG. It should place you in the middle of the event, basically at the same -logical- place within the event as you pointed with your mouse when you clicked to activate the editor.

Get where I’m going with this?

I spend a LOT of time opening the editor and then RE-positioning back to the place where I was trying to get to in the first place when I opened the editor.

+1 as mentioned in my edit.

Mmm… for me, the editor open and the cursor is positioned where it was on the project screen. Maybe there is a preference to make it do what you don’t want?

Edit…
I suppose the “horizontal” zoom level as set in the editor has a bit to do with it. If set too small then the part is positioned to the left (but the cursor is still located correctly relative to where it was in the project screen.

So, I would agree with you that when the editor opens the cursor should be located in the middle of the screen (if that is what you meant).

Regards :sunglasses: