Click Track

A click track’s not possible with/implemented in Dorico 1.1, is it?

There are no metronome clicks, no.

(I’d say a click track involves cuing and orientation markers)

Thanks, LSalgueiro - so no way currently to hear the ‘beat’ as metronomes or other markers not part of the score itself?

You could write a part for that… and keep it out the layouts you wish to share.

Like a drum on every beat, and just replicate it across all the score’s ‘real’ bars - or at least for the duration of any given section in the same Time Signature?

Yes, that is what I meant. Except, as unpitched percussions are not supported yet, I do not know which workaround would allow you to hear the drum… However, I have been able to work with timpani (which are pitched percussions) and hear them :wink:
To keep an instrument out of a layout, it is very easy : just go the the setup mode, click on the layout (right panel) you want to work on, and untick the instrument (left panel) you do not want to appear in that layout :wink:

Thanks so much, Marc - that’s a great idea. Shall do. Appreciated! :slight_smile:

Wow - NO metronome click at present? Please tell me this will be implemented soon (fingers crossed)…

• D.D.

To be fair, if there is no real-time input presently…what would the need be for a click/metronome track?

I’m sure the team at Steinberg is working as quickly as they can to implement as many (such) requests as possible.

I guess I simply find it helpful when composing to ‘hear’ a rhythm (in this way) which is otherwise obscured by complex metres; or in the case of counterpoint by multiple voices simultaneously. To get an audible sense of the underlying structure - especially when changing Time Signatures.

I’m sure the team at Steinberg is working as quickly as they can to implement as many (such) requests as possible.

I guess I simply find it helpful when composing to ‘hear’ a rhythm (in this way) which is otherwise obscured by complex metres; or in the case of counterpoint by multiple voices simultaneously. To get an audible sense of the underlying structure - especially when changing Time Signatures.

Agreed - for those of us composers/arrangers who also work with programs like Logic Pro, it’s a given to be able to hear a click to give us even a clearer sense of the underlying groove and the piece’s relationship to it. I’m all for as many of these more performance-related functions as possible to be added to Dorico (and I’m sure they’re working on them all).

• D.D.