Clicking on the Cubase icon on taskbar does not bring up the program

Just updated to Cubase Pro 13.3, there’s many glitches and bugs so I’ll post them to hopefully get it fixed by the next update.

I’m attaching the video - Clicking on the Cubase icon on the taskbar does not bring up the program.

Cubase is on, it’s not that the program doesn’t open or launch, it’s that if I’m in another window, full screen on my computer, I can’t click the Cubase icon to enter Cubase again, I need to minimize all other windows that are currently open, to enter Cubase again.
I noticed it’s happening when I’m working on a video in Cubase, on full screen.
I also noticed that when I click on the video tab first, and then on the project tab, Cubase opens fine. So it’s some sort of bug.
Only happened to me on Cubase 13, I was before on Cubase 11 and it was fine.

1. working in Cubase
  2. opening web window (for example)
  3. clicking on Cubase icon in the taskbar
    result - doesn’t bring up the program

Cubase Pro 13.3
Windows 10
3 screens connected
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1650

Thank you!

Not sure what the video is attempting to show - it just looks like a bunch of images zipping by too quickly to follow along.

Do you get an error or does Cubase just not launch?

Have you used Task Manager to observe if Cubase tries to start and then fails or simply doesn’t start at all?

Have you tried launching it with Windows Admin privileges?

When you double+click on a Cubase Project file (.cpr) does that launch Cubase?

Does this also happen when you try to launch Cubase from the Start Menu or only the Taskbar?

If you check the Properties of the Cubase Icon is the path to the Cubase executable correct?

Thank you Raino for the response
Yes, it’s not so clear, but the video trying to show that while I’m in the browser, I’m clicking on the Cubase icon on the taskbar then 3 Cubase tabs open, I’m clicking on one of them, and instead of entering Cubase, I’m staying in the browser.

I tried to explain it in a couple of other ways too in my post.
Cubase is on, it’s not that the program doesn’t open or launch, it’s that if I’m in another window, full screen on my computer, I can’t click the Cubase icon to enter Cubase again, I need to minimize all other windows that is currently open, to enter again to Cubase.
It’s just some sort of bug - the Cubase icon in the taskbar - doesn’t work as it should

That is not the behavior I see here. What are the specific versions of Cubase & Windows are you on? Are they the latest?

I’m on Cubase 3.3 and Windows 10, both latest.

Try to open a video window in Cubase on full screen on one monitor
and have the project timeline open on another monitor
open a browser out of Cubase on full-screen
then try to click the Cubase icon in the taskbar
Tell me if you could enter Cubase again that way

On my system it isn’t working

Yeah, Window handling in Cubase 13 is buggy, and this is one of the bugs.

More gory details here:

And here:

Oh, I looked for similar threads, I guess I missed it.
Yes, Cubase 13.3 has many graphical bugs,
I’ll try to post everything I found, next time Ill look more carefully for similar threads

1 Like