Clicks and audio dropouts in cubase 12 after windows 11 actualization

Hi everyone:

Im experiencing terrible audio problems after a decided to move to windows 11… I have a Laptop Asus rog zephyrus Duo, Ryzen 9 5900HX, 32gb ram and rtx 3070, with and RME fireface ucx.

I was using cubase 12, with windows 10 dont remeber wich actualization was and everything was ok, but now my metteres are awfull, spike metter is reaching full everytime and im experiencing every kind of artifacts.

I try returning to windows 10, but its the same thing now, i guess is for the version of nvidia drivers and actualization of windows. Last week i been doing an extensive research and a lot of Nvidia useres report that the last drivers since 516.94 introduces latency observed via LatencyMon, actual Nvidia drivers have a configuration for low latency but even with that you can still have problems and that is my case.

I create this Topic to Know if anyone is having the same issue, and solution if there are …
I was considering to get a Desktop PC, but if this kind of troubles are a common thing maybe is better to go on Apple, what do you think about it?

All the Best!

Also i notice that artifacts appears when i do clic (mouse) in other zones out side cubase.

Hi,

Could you test your system by using LatencyMon utility, please?

Try to update drivers (graphic card, Audio Device…).

As you own Nvidia, please try this:

• Download the latest Studio driver version from here. If there is no Studio driver for your graphic card, use the one, which is available and continue with the same steps below.
  • Disconnect the computer from the Internet to ensure Windows will not download and install its graphic driver.
  • Uninstall the NVIDIA driver.
  • Restart the computer.
  • Start the NVIDIA driver installation (as administrator).
  • Don’t install the whole package, use the Custom (Advanced) settings.
  • Disable everything (don’t install NVIDIA Experience, PhysX, etc.), and keep the video driver enabled.
  • Connect your computer to the internet.

Hi Martín,

After Many testing…i just made a clean install of windows 10 22h2 versión run latencyMon and 0 problems.
Then i install last Nvidia studio driver for my rtx3070 and LatencyMon Is red again.

Now i will do some tweaks in windows (energy related), and if i still have latency i will do clean install again but with older driver version of Nvidia.

1 Like