Clip Gain liner Tool (8) - Can I increase the volume...?

Sometimes I prefer clip gain liner tool (number 8) for quick gain matching. *also better for smoother result!
But how come Cubase does not have increasing option…?

I know you can do this with volume-automation writing tool but…
I really find this clip gain blue liner tool useful…

hmm… am I missing something…!? Hopefully I am!

p.s. Crazy I have just learnt how to set up ‘macro’ shortcut keys… simply wow…

I am assigning my favorite combos on every function key :slight_smile:

Hi,

You can increase a volume of Audio event simply by changing the Volume parameter in the Info Line.

You can also add a Direct Offline Process. You can assign a Key Command to a specific settings/preset of the Direct Offline Process. For example +3dB and then just fire the Key Command. This is how the are the Nuendo guys working most of the time.

Right! but actually sometimes I do want to ‘draw’ finer volume tuning with liner… So, (8) tool is really awsome, just that, top line is 0dB so, I cannot easily just increase the volume by drawing it you know…?

I can do it this way though, draw the line I want (volume automation) THEN overall info-volume increase… but that being said, this is not exactly how I want it… but oh well…

um… do you know the volume value changing by (8) tool box?! because there is no value info specified…

(Thanks anyway though!)

Hi,

Sorry, I don’t know the value. Actually I don’t use this tool, because the value is not written there, so I have no control.

What’s the difference between this Volume blue line tool and the Automation curve, please? Why do you prefer this Clip-based Volume over Automation, please?

I’m just curious…

Oh, simply, (8) draw tool is quicker! fewer clicks to initiate :slight_smile: also, to me, it seems, pre-finer editing! even before going onto the ‘automation’ stage! just clip by clip (because I comp a lot… esp. vocals)…
But I guess it is all right :slight_smile: I will just deal with it :slight_smile: