Clipping master despite limiter (T-racks3)

Still no progress in finding the problem.
Does anybody know what could be wrong?!

Not sure if this helps but I set the limiter to -0.5. It clips at 0.
Maybe that is what the red light does. It lights a 0.
So the limiter is working just that the display lights up every time the signal gets to 0. :blush:

Hi Stephen,

Already did that; I allways do, though at -0.3DB
It’s just this one song which clips…

I’m now busy to convert all audio and midi to a fresh new project, which takes a lot of time.
Untill now (in the new project) it doesn’t clip yet, but haven’t yet put all the send/return/inserts/vol/pan etc.
It works in that way I think, but I’m curious what makes the clipping light to go on!

I have the Same issue here with the old tracks …
i think the problem is not the limiter . is the new Loudness scales from cubase 7 are diferent from cubase 5 …
if you don´t have distortion on the tracks don´t worry . the new ones don´t gonna clip

Cheers!

The scales in the Cubase mixer are the same in 5 and 7.

Well, there could be some truth in that: it’s true that the master out doesn’t sound distorted.
I can see that as well on my meterbridge of my Tascam: there it doesn’t clip till red As well.

My other old songs don’t clip in Cubase (didn’t test them all); it’s just this one song.
I copied this song into a new project in Cubase, all settings exactly as before: no clipping there!
Guess I give up; maybe I’m too curious :wink:

Maybe the cubase meter has now been upgraded to detect inter-sample peaks (?)
If so, then either turn it down a bit, or use a brickwall limiter that can detect inter-sample peaks (like ToneBoosters Barricade)

The Cubase channel meters´ scales and behaviour are the same in 5 and 7

I had same problem with an old song I was remixing… and I got crazy trying to understand…
Until I finally noticed (= my mind was simply rejecting to think to that…!) that I have some unexpected EQ on the Stereo Out channel!! That was clearly a mistake I used to do when I mixed the song originally and was completely newbie at it!
I removed the EQ and the clipping’s gone!

Wow! 8 years later…!
I forgot all about this; meanwhile a lot has changed: no red lights in Cubase 11 :wink:
Cheers,
Chris