Closing 'In Place Editor'

Hi all, I’m using the English version on a Mac.

It doesn’t close the editor no matter what key command I assign, even the default one.

It opens it without a problem, just doesn’t close it.

I tried using the iPad remote, but it didn’t close it either.

It’s not a huge thing, just annoying when it’s part of my workflow.

Sorry if this a really basic question, but it did catch me out once - for those having problems, have you still got the track selectee when you try to close the in-place editor?

that should work:

IT WORKS! Yea!

On Mac:
‘Shift-Command-I’ opens
and then
‘Shift-Command-I’ closes.

Nice. Mahalo guys.

{‘-’}

Probably, you don’t have the track selected when you try to close it, since it works fro every other Mac user in this thread.

I’ve tested every which way. Still nothing.

The only thing I can think of is that I’m using the demo still, although I wouldn’t have thought that would affect it.

strange

I’m pretty sure being the demo will make no difference. It is strange as Steve says, so might be worth contacting support about. Are you definitely using CMD+shift+I and not ctrl+shift+I?

Well I think I’ve found out what it is, my Apple Bluetooth keyboard.

I just had to do a quick bit of composing directly on my laptop (normally it’s hooked up to a big screen and I control with with a separate keyboard and trackpad/iPad.

Using the key commands on my laptop works perfectly both ways, not just one.

Oddly, the keys all work normally on my Bluetooth keyboard, and even open the editor, just don’t close it.

I’ve no idea what that’s about, but at least I’ve found the culprit.

I had a few strange problems using the Bluetooth keyboard, which is partly why I went back to the USB keyboard. If I get a chance I’ll try to dig out my wireless keyboard and test it. Glad you found the reason though.