CMC Buttons

I was reading about some people having problems with their buttons. Unfortunately I also have problems with some buttons on some controllers. Only really hard pressing helps. Still wondering if there are still people working with them without any problems?

Im still using the AI/TP/CH/QC and all buttons work but one of my encoders on the QC has stated random messages

1 Like

This is a symptom of the membrane under the buttons wearing out, or remotely possible, is dirty.

2 Likes

Wish I could clean them because I love the cmc’s only the the fact they take 6 usb ports is crazy

Old tech, but great. They work fine in a hub too, at least in my experience.

I don’t remember if I ever opened one, but if you have one working poorly enough, it might be worth the risk to find out.

Might do that indeed because working with a faulty controller is also not convenient and so it has become time to think about alternatives.

The membranes are like the buttons on tv remotes and really old cell phones. Years ago I found a ton of repair guides. Wouldn’t be surprised if there were some now out there for the CMCs.

1 Like

I had encountered a similar issue some time ago and was able to fix it by opening up the device. If I remember it correctly, a contact needed a bit of cleaning.

1 Like

Sounds great, going to try this soon

1 Like