CMC CH THOUGHTS...

HI. I just bought CMC PD , CMC QC , CMC AI , and CMC CH , and am a bit confused that when EQ , SEND, AND INSERTS ARE ENLIGHTED, it MEANS IN FACT THAT THEY ARE OFF THE SIGNAL CHAIN … this is just the opposite of what I see on my screen… I mean everything should light when it’s ON , not when it’s OFF (even the mute function , when mute is ON, it lights…) so is there any way to have these 3 buttons act like they should? (and like it show on cubase since forever).
another thought is about the fader functions : is there any way to use it as a meter ( like the CMC FD ) ?

Thank You, Have a wonderfull day.

sorry if maybe it sounds like I’m complaining, I’m overall very happy with these units, and plan to expand it soon, just some thought while using it…

Ähm… I am confused… Aren’t the buttons you talk about "BYPASS"Buttons, which means when they are ON the effects are NOT processed (iow. “off”).

So imho what the buttons do is absolutely correct and… as far as I remember… is consistent with the buttons in cubase itself as well…

Or?

Cheers, Ernst

Yes you’re right, they’re dark grey labeled “bypass” on the unit… the fact is that when eq is active on a track, you’ve got a green light on the right upper corner of the eq window, so to have it bypassed , you have to turn it off, and there you get green light on the cmc ch so the logic may be, if it lights on one side, then it means it’s off on the other side, well sorry, but still disapointed.

Please ,STEINBERG TEAM, LET US HAVE THE CHOICE OF HAVING IT AS “BYPASS” OR TO MAKE IT “ACTIVE BUTTONS” (SOME KIND OF EDITORS ,AS THE QC AND PD…

THANK YOU.