cmd click solo+select layer

when copying soundbits over from different components to one layer, cmd click-“solo” on targetlayer should automatically select the layer. I thought this could speed up the workflow quite a bit and would prevent from accidentally pasting sounds into the (wrong) last soloed layer.

just an idea…

That’s an interesting idea, although I see Cubase/Nuendo doesn’t activate a track when cmd-clicking solo. But maybe we can consider it’s more useful in SpectraLayers’ case.

it wouldn’t actually make much of a difference if cmd-click soloes multiple layers and simple solo-click target selects + mutes other channels, or the other way around. As long as there are both options available like that, it should be easy getting used to eighter way

Actually the highlighted track is what specifies the visual analytical display which we see on screen.

I would much rather a track be highlighted immediately when I select an option for it… I feel like (for my workflow) it would be far more useful to have modifier keys to disengage the highlighting of an edited channel than the other way around.

I would love that in Nuendo & Cubase as well (or a selectable option in nuendo/cubase/other to be able to shift whether channel is selected during a channel option selection or use of modifier key.