Coffee and Me (jazz, chill)

Cubase, GA5, HalionSonic, Kontakt, FM8.

1 Like

Great stuff, John! Listened to the first 3.

1 Like

Very nice material. You play well, and put it all together nicely in the service of good compositions. I really liked the first track, and then dove into bits and pieces of a few further on down the list. All of the orchestrations seemed well conceived and well done. Several things reminded me in a good way of some of the mid 80’s -early 90’s guys like T Lavitz, Kit Walker, Mitch Forman, and Jim Beard.
I gather that this is all you and midi. I’d like to hear some of this fleshed out with real players. Good stuff, and I’d like to hear more.
John S

1 Like

HI Early and Swetch, thank you for the feedback. Yes, it is all done in Cubase. I sketch out the original ideas on piano then switch over to Cubase and expand the ideas. I do not write particularly fast, but I enjoy the process and tinkering around. I have had the good fortune to hear both of you and really enjoy your work as well.

Horizons is really cool!

1 Like

I’m afraid I don’t hear any “jazz” within this context?

1 Like

Hi Paul, yes when I labeled the title I might have been a bit inaccurate. It probably falls into another genre, apologies,

1 Like

Hi John,

I was just a bit confused to be honest. Of course, you could have invented your OWN style of jazz!

I listened to the first two tracks. It’s impressive you did everything under the Cubase umbrella.

Best,

Paul