Color Fader Caps: How?

Hi Folks,

While posting to a “Cubase 7 Wish-list” on Gearzlutz (about how I wished Cubase allowed the graphical interface of channels to be modified - making it easier to distinguish between mix faders, subgroup faders, and input/output channel faders - to improve usability) someone posted that input/output faders “can both be assigned whatever color you want individually, and the fader can be assigned a color as well.”

After searching here, I saw a thread mentioning that the color of fader caps could be modified. If I could find a way to apply color to some fader caps (while assigning color in the standard way to others) it would be very helpful.

I’ve searched the manual and cannot find any information on either point. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!
Dan

It’s in your preferences. :wink: It will probably require you to restart Cubase to apply the changes.

You can’t select the colours of the caps, only the colour depth.

It would be so much better if the background of the fader area was colour coded rather than just the knob, like it was before Steinberg messed with it.

I wish there was a way to colour the whole mixer channel. Not to identity the track type (although I can appreciate that option) but to match the colour of the track in the arrange page.

The fader cap would do it for me, but I’m all for it.

I got excited when I found out you could add colour to the caps but then disappointed when I realized it was only to identify track type only.

That’s exactly where I’m at. I was able to apply color to VSTi, MIDI, Subs, but not to input/output channels (which, as I sum through a D-Box, is what I really need). :confused: