Color palette

I found a custom color palette I’d like to use. The fella who made this palette was kind enough to share it with the world, but I don’t have the first clue as to how to set it for Cubase as a whole, not just for one project. Correct me if I’m wrong, but “Store Color Set as Default” in Options is how that’s done, right? Or will it be just for the current session and I’ll have to load in the colors for all of my sessions individually?

“Store color set as default” saves some kind of global preset. If you want that color set in other projects, you have to load it explicitly for each project. No global default color set that automatically overwrites colors in each project you load. I think that makes sense, as most of a project settings and configuration are usually local to a session (like mixer configuration etc), but it would be really nice to have the ability to save a bit more presets, like you can in other places in Cubase (audio connections etc)

Well that’s a shame. How do I go about loading the palette into a project?

If you’ve saved the custom palette as default, you go to the project you need to have that palette, and “reset color set to default”

Or include them in your Templates.

Good point. That’ll make things a lot easier, I think

Hi @Daniel_M I used to have one of those custom palettes, and can’t find it anymore. Do you feel comfortable sharing it?

Thanks in advance if so!

Yeah, sure! Here you go! Let me know if that doesn’t work. I have the original Dropbox link as well.

CUBASE COLOR PALATTE 2021.zip (244.4 KB)

1 Like

Thanks, @Daniel_M !

I see it opens into a Cubase 9 Project. Would you know where the color file itself resides and how I could make it accessible in C12 (PC)?

Thanks!

Sorry, no. I had no problems loading it into 11 Pro. I’m afraid I’m not the one to ask about that.

Got, well I’ll figure that part out - thanks again, @Daniel_M !

It’s a Cubase Project file (.cpr) that you’ll need to use as a template, not a separate color file. I make a Template folder within my Cubase Projects folder and put it there.

Sure thing!