Coloring the whole channel strip in the mix console

+1 for coloured strips

It’s definitely easier to see and find item when whole channel is covered with colour. Of course, that feature could be optional/customized (to set colour intensification or to stay with current way of colouring).

Both mixer and arranger view channels should be covered with colour.

It is implemented perfectly in Reaper

+1

Colored mixing channels
Colored arranging view channels

And offcourse make it an option. Those who like colours enables the option, those who dont…
Everybody happy :smiley:

There is really no single reason why this isnt implemented in 2017.

Oh no, it looks just like pro tools, reaper, whatever… :open_mouth:
Lets not improve the visual experience of the GUI, because someone else is doing it.

Its like inventing a wheel all over, but since someone else already made it a circular shape, lets try something different instead, maybe a squared wheel will work? Perhaps not as good as a circular, but at least it doesnt LOOK similar as the competitors. :smiley:

I find those soft colours in the Reaper image -VERY- satisfying. Easy on the eye. Crisp distinction between channels.

I find the colours in Cubase garish by comparison.

—JC

+1 Yes like Reaper.

Here are some mock ups I’ve made earlier (for Cubase 9, lol).

Or just move the labels higher

All 3 look awfull compared to what it is now. The full screen colors are just a plain eyesore.

I too enjoy blocking my labels and names and losing navigation to Transport Panel. :smiley:

It’s a matter of taste. There are DAWs in which it is implemented that way, so there are many users who want to have a possibility to find or recognize channels in easier way, using colors.

I think that colourful channels should be definitely optional (for the sake of users who are allergic on colours).

But there are colors? It’s not like there are not
There IS a system. With a perfect consistency between mixer and arrangement view
You can even colour parts independently.

Obviously these thin little labels on the bottom are not enough.

They are for me. Just put it in the preferences as an option, for the ones who think it’s better.

Personally i would welcome it…
But in my workflow i would like more the possibility to coloring my bus routing (in/out routing connection). Sometimes I really missed the color in the mix console routing area to help my eyes with the small letters :wink:

+1

+1.

Really comes in handy when working on projects with high track counts. Too many times I’ve inadvertently messed with the wrong channel’s routing or plugins (especially when using the same plugins on adjacent tracks). It’s one of the main things I miss from Pro Tools.

+1 Long overdue, would REALLY help

Do people really wizz across with the scroll bar to ‘that yellow track’ or ‘those 3 blue tracks’?. It seems a bit hit and miss IMHO.
Try KC’s to Hide Tracks/Channels combined with the Find Track/Channel (Ctrl F).
IMO way quicker. :wink: