Coloring track stops working

I am a new Cubase Pro 9.5 user so there is definitely the possibility that I am doing something wrong. However, I have been noticing that the ability to color tracks all of a sudden stops working. I’m executing these steps:

1. In the Project Window, select the tracks I want to color
  2. Expand the “Select Colors” box in the top toolbar
  3. Select the color

These steps usually work but then eventually it stops working. When it stops working, the only way I’ve been able to get it working again is close Cubase and then start Cubase again.

Hi,

So what happens if you click the Select Color?

Make sure no Part or event is selected in the project window (in this case you color the Part/Event).

Other way how to color the track is to click to the color track (name) in the Project window Inspector. Then you can select the color. Or move your nose Cursor offer the color in the track list and use Shift + mouse scroll wheel to select a color.

When I select the color nothing happens and that’s the problem. I’ve noticed this while creating a template because I’m doing a lot of coloring tracks. When I’ve done this I haven’t had anything selected. Again, I’ve noticed it while creating a template so in this case there are no parts or events to select. The only thing selected is the track itself.

Did you click here?