Coloured wheel

Give this version a try, Matthew.
mshlom.dorico.zip (428 KB)

Thanks Daniel. This is better, but there is still a bug. It seems to be okay to now work on the score and to save those changes, and the playback now works fine on Dorico Beep, but as soon as I try Halion SE it crashes.

Is the OP using Elements or Pro?

Thanks Derrek. What does OP mean?

What does OP mean?

Original Post or Original Poster

Worst case but it will fix your issue:

Save all work created from a time before you installed Note Performer to a removable such as a flash drive. Do a Time Machine Restore to that point. Reinstall your work files. Now do the Dorico upgrades as suggested earlier.

Drastic? Yes it is. Ok, I do a lot of testing and sometimes, it takes less time to do this than to fix a problem. A full restore takes me around 8 hours and on the rare occasions it’s necessary, I start the night before so it’s done when I log in.

Since the advent of APFS Snapshots, a full restore takes a minute or two but this must be done within 24 hours after the restore point or you’re back to a TM Restore.

Thanks PF Slow. I have been saving versions each day.

Daniel, I just tried some older files and they worked fine and then I loaded up the ‘mshlom’ file you sent me and everything seemed to be fine. I will try it again tomorrow at greater length. I’d be grateful if you could explain the significance of the error message I receive when I try to download the ‘Dorico Playback 2 - Orchestra Library’, following the stage where you asked whether you want the FULL VERSION or TRIAl.

Thanks.

You still haven’t answered the question whether you are using Elements or Dorico Pro. Elements doesn’t use the HSO, so you would not have a license for the Orchestral Library (which might be what generates an error statement if you are using Elements).

I am using Dorico Pro 2

Matthew, can you try installing the Dorico Pro 3 trial version to see if the project plays back correctly in the latest version?

Hi Daniel. I have upgraded to Dorico Pro 3 and everything is working fine. Many thanks for you help.