combining instruments into kit removes all dynamic symbols

Hello,
I combined instruments into a kit.
Then I realised that this process removes all dynamic symbols.
Why does it happen?
Is there any possibility to prevent it?

before combining instruments into kit:

after combining instruments into kit:

You will have to (re)add the dynamics for the kit after combining them into a kit, but having the dynamics (hidden) on the original instruments should help with playback.

I think the Team is working on this situation for the future.
https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=246&t=148961&p=800967&hilit=kit+dynamics#p800967

It is very inconvenient and strange. I expect that dynamics are not removed by combining instruments.

If you think about it, hopefully you’ll find that this does start to make sense: when you write dynamics for each individual instrument, those dynamics cannot necessarily be combined together in a sensible fashion for the purposes of showing a single set of dynamics when you show the kit using the five-line presentation type. The important thing to know is that the dynamics on the individual instruments are the ones that play back.

So, does that mean I have to add all dynamics twice? Once to “show” and once to “play”?

Yes, effectively so.

If you think about it, hopefully you’ll find that this does start to make sense: when you write dynamics for each individual instrument, those dynamics cannot necessarily be combined together in a sensible fashion for the purposes of showing a single set of dynamics when you show the kit using the five-line presentation type. The important thing to know is that the dynamics on the individual instruments are the ones that play back.

I think the ideal result would be not erasing all dynamics but retaining all dynamics. Removing redundant dynamics is easier than inputting new dynamics.

From various reasons, the formatting layout is the last phase of the work. It is very annoying if changing layout affects the lost of information, because we work twice the same thing.

[An example]
I arranged 11 pieces of Strauss. At the beginning of the work, I separately notated triangle, snare drum, cymbal and bass drum on each own staff. Later I added glockenspiel.
When arranging the layout of the score, I decided to combine

• triangle, snare drum and glockenspiel on a staff and
  • cymbal and bass drum on a staff.

After combining, all dynamics are gone.
Probably my work process may be not standard, but readding all dynamics are not ideal.

Perhaps one day Dorico will apply something akin to the Propagate (or the anticipated combine instruments) routine to forward dynamics on individual staves to the combined five-line staff. That way it will be up to the user.

Found this thread now. Just a thought: In some instances, maybe one could copy the dynamics (by filtering) before combining, and paste them back in afterwards? You would probably get some tidying up to do, but nevertheless?