Come on steinberg update please

+1

1-very few mixer probs here.
2-the ‘Strip’ increases my work flo significantly.
3-C7 sounds great.

Had a 7-8 hr session yesterday and all went well.

The probs I do have are usually from opening older projects
in C7.

{‘-’}

Either that or you can buy a LeapMotion… :wink:

I think that if Cubase doesn’t get a 7.0.6 update in August, it’ll go straight to 7.5 in September.

OK

If it happens like that I’ll be hugely dissapointed since 7.5 will probably be a paid update…7 months down the road after the release Steinberg hasn’t fixed their flagship product, and we have no guarantees whatsoever that 7.5 will be stable.

I’m not really considering paying one more time for a broken product and this might be the time to start looking elsewhere (PT, S1, Sonar) for my DAW needs.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
come on! you’ll hurt nobody besides yourself.

The fact that they changed the fonts in the last update and in a large project I now can’t see the correct name of the channel, hence slowing down my workflow.
The fact that since the last update I can’t access my main stereo output buss without closing and reopening the mixer a few times, hence slowing down my workflow.
The fact that due to those stupid insert handles introduced in the last update, every time I go to open a plugin for editing I end up opening the media bay, hence slowing down my workflow.

These things annoy me and i’m very serious about my music. The fact that these things don’t worry you make me wonder if you are a serious producer, engineer or musician.

Yeah! And in five years it will be up to task. :wink:

The fact that you say you are serious about your music and yet don’t use the 6.5 release that is rock solid and doesn’t have all these problems, while we wait for 7 to mature makes me wonder if you are a serious producer, engineer, musician.

These problems were only introduced in the 7.05 update. 7.04 is working fine. Why on earth would I want to pay for Cubase 7 and still be using Cubase 6 six months after the release of 7?

That’s a question you can only answer by using software on a test basis before trying to move to “working”. I know several people besides myself who are testing 7 while USING 6.5. That’s the logical approach and fairly standrad

JMCecil

To be fair to you, I did not trust the new software and I have both versions on my studio computer. I guess I was one of the lucky ones and until the last update C7 was quite solid on my computer and I have been using it with my clients for a few months now.
It was the silly changes in the last update that ruined it for me. Working with 7.04 again now and working ok.

So you think Cubase is the best DAW out there and its current situation is better than anything else?

Are you using a bit-bridge or full 64 plugins?

That’s a question you can only answer by using software on a test basis before trying to move to “working”. I know several people besides myself who are testing 7 while USING 6.5. That’s the logical approach and fairly standrad[/quote]

Word!
{‘-’}

Is it really logical to buy a piece of professional software in December and still be testing it out in August, that’s a lot of testing. I think my customers would like to have the latest features and functions at their disposal asap.

Which features, in this case?

The new features that were the reason why you and I paid Steinberg the upgrade price.
New improved mix console, channel strip, chord tracks and I’m sure there are some other things that got me to part with my cash.

I thought you meant your customers would want to be able to use the new Cubase features asap in your studio.

I’m an early adopter too, and with Steinberg I know that there will be trouble at the beginning, so I set my expectations accordingly. I could have waited for the trial version to come out, of course. Then I could have used it for a month and if I thought it sucked I could have just walked away with no money spent.

Here’s what I told myself to justify buying Cubase 7 right when it came out: I think they will eventually get it 93% right, and I will eventually forget the features that have disappeared (especially now that the blue forum is gone. (The blue forum has always been gone, quoth George Orwell)), I know I will have eventually paid for the update, so whether I pay now or later I will pay. So now I pay.

I’m as disappointed in the new mixer as the next guy, but constantly ranting and raving and threatening to switch and all the other nonsense isn’t going to change anything. Try the constructive approach where you lay out how you use something and how f’d up it is now. Pictures, steps by steps and things like that will actually help. Stamping your feetsies won’t.