Condensed Staff Labels Unstacked

Hi there,
in my condensed score the staff labels are not stacked, they are combined with a plus sign. Unfortunately I haven’t found the solution to turn it back to the stacked version.

And here is another example which irritates me moresoever. Tenors are horizontally ordered, and basses vertically. Where is the setting option?

Where do I switch it back?
Thank you.
Axel

This is becoming more confusing. Now I have found this staff labelling within the same flow, on two consecutive staves.

For the first question: you can’t at the moment. There isn’t an option for stacking condensed staff labels when the two instruments are different.

Second question: there’s an Engraving Option for whether stem allocations should be considered when displaying staff labels - you need to set it to ignore stem allocations. See Changing number stacking in condensed staff labels for details.

I have often succesfully stacked bass trombone and tuba, but I perhaps I don’t understand what you mean by this:

It’s entirely possible that I’m misremembering. I’m away from my computer for the next few hours, so please do set me straight :slight_smile:

At least this is possible, now that I’m at the computer:

Screenshot 2021-07-13 at 15.16.38

But condensing a mixed choir usually should result in

SOPRANO
ALTO

instead of SOPRANO + ALTO

So why does my project work the other way? Any idea?

The inconsitancy in my last example could be fixed with your link. Thank you!

What did you do to get

Bass Trombone
Tuba

instead of

Bass Trombone + Tuba ?

You could try different combinations with these options in engraving options:

I’m still not in front of a computer but if memory serves me correctly it’s something to do with the players being section players rather than solo players. Try dragging your voices to new solo players and you should then be able to stack the instrument names on top of each other rather than side by side.

Yes, that is correct - unfortunately. Thank you for your help.
The Dorico team should alter that, IMHO. Why are solo players being stacked and section players (violins as well as choir voices…) are side by side?

This is indeed something that will be addressed in a future version of the software.

I did that and still I get 3 different results. I put my Horn players into a solo-player voice and still they are not on top of each other.
How can I please unify this? I’d like to have all of them on top of each other.
Look at the 3 results:
Bildschirmfoto 2021-09-13 um 07.55.58
Bildschirmfoto 2021-09-13 um 07.56.06
Bildschirmfoto 2021-09-13 um 08.01.19

Ah, I think I have it:

That’ll make the job:
Bildschirmfoto 2021-09-13 um 08.06.07