Condensing Choral Music questions

Hi folks,

Condensing looks like a very promising feature! Just grappling with it for a choral piece right now and have a few questions -

1. For some reason, Dorico has plastered my score with “a 2” in odd places - not sure why it’s chosen the particular places it has (see screenshot). Is there a way of turning this text placement off? Alternatively, automatically placing div. and unis. above the stave instead in choral fashion? (and can I request this as a feature if not?)

2. Can we have arrows to indicate de-condensing from one system to the next? Again, if not, can this be a future addition please?

3. Occasionally Dorico duplicates the text on top of and below the stave unnecessarily (see screen shot). Can we control whether and what it displays in this regard?

Many thanks
    Edd

1. It will show “a 2” when you end up with a single voice representing both players. You would need some kind of textual indication here, otherwise some of the singers will wonder whether or not they’re meant to sing. So either force it to use two stems, or change “a 2” to say “S & A” or whatever.

2. There’s no support for choral divide arrows in condensing at present.

3. There’s no direct control over this at present. This, I think, is the main reason why using condensing with choral music is currently not optimal. Further improvements in this area are planned.

You might consider using the divisi feature instead of condensing, which does give you arrows indicating expansion and contraction of staves; and better control of labelling.

1. It will show “a 2” when you end up with a single voice representing both players. You would need some kind of textual indication here, otherwise some of the singers will wonder whether or not they’re meant to sing. So either force it to use two stems, or change “a 2” to say “S & A” or whatever.

I see the reasoning behind it, but there seems to be a reminder every stave that it is “a 2” (or is it every phrase? very impressive coding if so). It’s just rather overkill on notation - most choral singers would see the unis. indication and just assume that everything was until they saw div. or separate voices on the stave…

Best
Edd