Condensing; rest behaviour

In my piece for alto sax solo and wind orchestra (combination of solo players and section players) in the cadenza for the solo alto (‘x’ meter) in the condensed version (instead of a full bar rest fermata) unwanted rest notations pop up (in the solo player parts only). Screen shots of the score included. One thing I should add is that I very recently switched from Finale to Dorico and that this file was originally created in Finale, exported as XML and then fine-tuned in Dorico.

Would you be able to attach the project itself, or an extract from it that contains the troublesome part, so that I can take a closer look?

Thank you for the reply, even after stripping most of the bars in the single flow containing the problem the file is too big to post on the forum however. Is there another way to share it with you?

Did you already set the playback template to “silence”? It usually reduces the file size dramatically.

@klafkid Thanks for the tip! Just applied and seems to work now… @dspreadbury Here comes the file (single flow) ; problem occurring one bar after rehearsing mark D, bar 47 Rondalles Valencianes Wind Orchestra - El Forçut de Xixona.dorico (1.0 MB)

Thanks for attaching the project. I’ve not been able to figure out what’s going on here on my own, but I will ask my colleague Andrew to take a look and will report back in due course.

@dspreadbury Thank you very much!