Confused about Scope behavior

Hi, I have been having trouble setting the Scope of a macro page group and having it affect the layer I want it to. Here’s what I do:

1. I have a group of controls in the macro page designer and set the Scope of that group to: @0:Samples1/

2. I have an OnOff switch within that group, and have set the value to: @id:20 (LayerMidiMute)

3. I have a layer of samples called: Samples1

Instead of affecting the Samples1 layer, the connection is made to the root of the Program(Program 1, in this case).

I feel like I might be missing something fundamental about how Scope works. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

Can you post a screenshot of the program tree and your macro page group? Scope is relative to the layer that has the macro page attached.

What you described should work if the samples1 layer is first sublayer.

Easy way to check the scope is to bypass the group altogether and connect the parameter directly to a knob. Then click inside the Value field to see the full path.

If you see this and the switch works then the scope in your example should work.

@0:Samples1/@id:20

1 Like

Thanks mishoza! Got things working. Strangely, I created a new group with that same scope and put a new button with that same value into it. Suddenly, all the controls started working properly.

I was also dealing with an issue where the right-click ‘Connect to Parameter X’ wasn’t appearing when trying to connect Zone parameters to a control. My ‘fix’ seemed to solve that issue too. Strange

Curious if you have a hunch what happened. A syntax error in the XML or something?

Thanks again! Appreciate all your help on these forums! :slight_smile:

Good to hear it works. :grinning:

I have no idea. But I also had strange things happen. Sometimes reconnecting the same parameter works. In some cases I just save and reload the whole program. And things start to work again…

1 Like