Confused -best method of tempo mapping a song not yet recorded

Hi guys,
I have a song that I’m writing that looks like it’s going to need two tempos. The trouble I’m running into is how is the best way to do this? I tried playing the song without a click and then looked for Tempo Detection but learned that CB Artist 12 doesn’t off this feature. I then trying to play it to a click at a tempo that is between the two tempo settings that I feel I’ll need for this song and then trying to figured out where to mark these tempo changes but it hasn’t been successful. The manual explains how it work but not how to use it.

So do I play the sound out in a fixed tempo and go back to the tempo track and mark were these changes need to be or do I map out the tempo track and play to a click that is changing to the tempo live as I’m recording? I’m sure I’ll look back at this question later and think “Dah! what were you thinking?” but right now it’s not clear how to set up a song for tempo changes.
Thank you guys for your help.
C

Just set up a tempo track starting with the first tempo you’re going to use, it’s just like an automation track.

1 Like

I see but do I plot out the whole tempo track then play to it with a click or do I play through and manipulate the tempo automation after the song has been recorded?

It’s subjective, whatever you want to do but most of the time playing to a click track is the best way to go if you’re going to add all other instruments and other musicians. I would just play a rough track to it and then map it out. I would get the first initial tempo down though that you want to use and then when the change comes find the next tempo you want to use and then adjust that on the tempo track.

1 Like

Ok thanks Sky. I appreciate it very much.
C