Connecting Integra 7 to Cuabse 10.5

Hi there,

I’m new here and trying to connect my Integra 7 to cubase. I am now at the steps of clicking “UTILITY” and then “DEVICE” at the Integra 7’s page and selecting “INPUT DEVICE” and “OUTPUT DEVICE” as Integra 7. Then I click “OK” and an ERROR message appears saying that “MIDI INPUT PORT CONNECT FAILED: INTEGRA 7”. Please advised how could I get it solved.

Thank you very much.
Leon

1 Like

Hi, did you ever figure out how to make this work? I’m having the same issue right now and there is very little info here or on the web to help find an answer.
Thanks!

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Are you talking about the Error message on the hardware (Integra)? Are you sure, you set up the MIDI Ports, or do you setup any kind of synchronisation?

Thanks for the reply Martin. I am fairly certain that the problem is not within the Integra, as I can connect to it through Cubase using MIDI ( via the USB connector) to send patch changes and note/CC info. I’m guessing the problem is with Roland’s implementation of their VST3 within the Integra Editor v2.0 on Windows PCs. I’m also guessing that it works fine with certain other DAWs (and/or using Apple PCs) because Roland is a high-end company, however testing with every DAW & operating system on the market is not feasible. I’ve purchased an iPad USB adapter and will try using the Integra Editor for iPad tomorrow and I’ll reply again with my results.

Hi,

Oh, there is no VST3 Editor mentioned in the original description at all. Could you please update the description?

Hi there,

Yes, very few information could be found on internet indeed. The connection process keeps me so long to do with trial and error. My Integra 7 is now connected to my Cubase 10. It works now that I could connect them. However, I still could not choose the sound from Cubase but have to change the sound at the Integra 7 hardware instead. All I want to do is something like this below:

I’m using Windows 10 and connecting those units with usb. I just don’t know why I could use the Integra 7’s sound on Cubase on one hand now but telling me the “MIDI INPUT/OUTPUT PORT CONNECT FAILED: INTEGRA 7” on the other while doing the setup as what is shown in the abovementioned YouTube video.

Hi there,

My Integra 7 is now connected to my Cubase 10. It works now that I could connect them. However, I still could not choose the sound from Cubase but have to change the sound at the Integra 7 hardware instead. All I want to do is something like this below:

I’m using Windows 10 and connecting those units with usb. I just don’t know why I could use the Integra 7’s sound on Cubase on one hand now but telling me the “MIDI INPUT/OUTPUT PORT CONNECT FAILED: INTEGRA 7” on the other while doing the setup as what is shown in the abovementioned YouTube video.

Did you confirm Cubase sees the Integra in you Audio connections. Also what are you using for an interface?

with me the same problem,have you already solved this problem???

The Integra7 looks like a VST, but is kind of different.
If you create an instrument track, the benefit is to be able to configure and manipulate the Integra’s Studio sets and parts. It does not produce sound.

That being said:
Make sure the Integra is set to ‘Vendor’ in the USB menu. You have to see Integra-7 Ctrl in the MIDI port setup and make sure this entry does NOT include In ‘All MIDI’

On the Integra VST interface set this (to be found in Utility > Device)

Click Read in the right upper corner of the Integra VST interface to sync the VST to the hardware. At the same time it confirms things are connected as should be.

If you want to hear sound coming out of the Integra, create an Audio Track that is connected to whatever input your Integra is connected to.

If you want to use a MIDI controller keyboard, create a MIDI track and connect that keyboard to INTEGRA-7 ( NOT the CTRL )

Make sure to set the monitoring ON on the Audio Track.
Last tip: I always ‘Link’ the MIDI and the Audio track used for the Integra.

windows 10 ,cubase 10.5, roland intergra 7 fail conection (intergra 7 ctrl ???

what am I doing wrong

I notice:
3-INTEGRA-7 CTRL
This 3 could indicate the INTEGRA has been attached more than once on different USB ports.
Windows doesn’t handle this correctly.
What I would do:
Disconnect the Integra.
Go to Device manager and delete (uninstall) all INTEGRA labeled software devices.
Make sure to select View hidden devices.

Then:

Restart the PC and reconnect the INTEGRA. The USB drivers will be re-installed.
Open Cubase and re-connect the INTEGRA.

P.S. In my experience ,if windows doesn’t shut down or re-start correctly, the INTEGRA driver often is the culprit. So I just switch of the INTEGRA when the PC ‘Hangs’.

gonna try this from the weekend,thanks bfor your quick reply.
maikel

thanks 10 tons for posting this!!! It is so tricky to get right - but I finally have it working perfectly. The big problem is the youtube howto video on configuring this does not show him using the “integra7-ctrl”, he just uses “integra-7” in the device dropdown and it works- go figure. IF YOUR HAVING TROUBLE READ FANTOMS INSTRUCTIONS ABOVE VERY VERY CAREFULLY

1 Like