Connecting Scarlett 2i2 to Cubase 11 pro on MacOS BIG SUR

Hi, first time user here.
I’m trying to connect my Scarlett 2i2 Focusrite to my computer.
I’ve followed the instructions … to Studio set up and selected Scarlett 2i2.
Audio connections. … check…
I’m not using monitors.
Selected Scarlett on Audio MIDI set up…check
Not getting any sound through my computer.
Can someone help?

Hi and welcome on the forum,

• On your Mac, choose Apple menu () > System Preferences, then select Security & Privacy, then click Privacy.
  • In the Privacy window, click Microphone.
  • Select the checkbox next to an app to allow it to access the built-in microphone on your Mac, an external USB mic, or the inputs on an external audio interface.
  • Open the app and try to record audio again.

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your reply.
I followed your guide, but there are only two items in the Privacy/Microphone window .

1. Garage band … box unchecked and
  2. Cubase 11…box checked.

Should the Scarlett be showing up there with a box for me to check?

I’ve opened up Audio MIDI set up, selected the Scarlett and changed the setting to “Use it for sound input, and for output” but no sound coming out of the computer. In this situation the volume control on my keyboard is deactivated…make sense I suppose, so I reset the output to the built-in speakers, now I have control of the volume again but still no sound coming from my cubase project.

I can see in the mix console that the signal is going in, but there’s just no sound coming out.

Thanks again,
John

Hi,

Do you use Audio or Instrument tracks in your project?

Im trying to put some electric guitar in, so I’m trying to create an audio track.

Hi,

Is the Monitor button enabled?

Could you first try with any audio sample from the MediaBay, please?

Hi Martin,
I think I’ve figured it out. All this bus business is quite confusing. Thank you for taking the time to help.
Kind regards,
John