Connecting Zoom H4n with Cubase 11 on MacBook Big Sur

Hi all, I’m struggling to get Cubase elements 11 to register my Zoom h4n, on MacBook Big Sur.

So in System Preferences>Sound, there is ‘H4’ Type: ‘USB’, and the sound bar indicates it to be working.

In Finder>Utilities>Audio MIDI Setup, H4 1, 0 ins / 2 outs and H4 2, 2 ins / 0 Outs, both are down as 44.1 Hz.

I create new project on Cubase, go Studio>Studio Setup>VST Link System from there to ASIO Input but there is no H4, and I also go to Studio>Audio Connections and look for a H4 in audio inputs there too…

Tried to include photos but it wouldn’t let me as a new user, many thanks!

Hi and welcome to the forum,

It seems, it’s necessary to create an Aggregate Device in the Audio MIDI Setup. Then select this Aggregate Device as the ASIO Driver in Cubase, please.

1 Like

Hi Martin,
same problem here: after looking in the forum as I had prblems connecting H4N I tried with the solution you suggest here but I still get no sound, even if h4N seems to be seen in Cubase…
I’m surely missing some passage?
Thank you for helping me!
Arturo

p.s. I’m using OS MOjave, not Big Sur

Hi,

Did you enable Mic for Cubase in the System Preferences, please?

Hi,

Make sure Cubase has enabled Mic in the System Preferences, please.
Open macOS System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Microphone. Enable Cubase here.

Hi Martin,
I’d tried this yet because I had found another answer by you in another similar topic but I’d missed a passage and today I casually found the solution: in the picture I had attached in previous post I had selected the aggregate device itself in Mac AMS for input and output but today I forgot it and this was the key!
If you look at my new attchment I left Zoom input and output selected instead of aggregate device and now I finally can hear Cubase playing! :+1:
Thank you once more for answering!
Arturo