Connection to download server could not be established

Steinberg Download Assistant
The Steniberg download assistant keeps crashing.

I get the following error:

“A connection to the download server could not be established.”

I have tried in two different places multiple times of the day and week with the same result.

I deleted Dorico over a week ago to put it on my secondary drive and am now without it. I need to get it back going again.

Sorry to hear you’re having problems, Mark. Please make sure you’re using the most up-to-date version of Steinberg Download Assistant:

If you are still having problems, you can download the required installers directly from our web site here:

I had the same problem and tried for a day to get it to work again. Looking into the firewall and stuff which to me is quite confusing. I solved the problem by making use of the app Free Firewall. By installing it I was able to manage all internet traffic, that goes in or out through Windows build in firewall better. So it was as ‘common’ as a firewall problem, but if you don’t know how to go about it, like I did, this worked perfect. Hope this might be of use to someone else!

I had the identical problem after a MACOS upgrade to Monterey. Reinstalling the Steinberg Download assistant solved it.

I also had to re-download and reinstall the download assistant. MacOS 13.6.

Is this all about the email I am sure I received weeks ago telling me to update my SDA? Perhaps Steinberg was trying to get ahead of the game. Admittedly it seemed odd at the time, but I certainly had no trouble using SDA when Cubase 13 and Dorico 5.1 came out.