Constant High CPU usage / Beachballs - Cubase 11 Pro Mac

Hi there,

Whilst using Cubase Pro 11 it seems to be constantly using a lot of % of CPU (all cores) i’m wondering if this is normal? My other audio applications seem to only use a tiny fraction of this. Ableton barely makes any impact on the CPU graph. ProTools much the same. In CPU intensive graphics applications like After Effects and Premiere Pro, and my other pro audio applications the CPU usage is only high during playback. However in Cubase its high % Constantly. In some projects it got up to 70% on all cores, constant, playback or not.

In addition to the high CPU, a LOT of beach balls, usually after playback, when selecting a different track. Sometimes it recovers, sometimes it does not and i need to force Quit.

Does anyone else get this constant high CPU usage? and LOTS of spinning wheels of death?

Worth noting, my computer is usually very fast & reliable. Specs at bottom of post.

Thanks for your help.

SYSTEM:
Cubase Pro 11.0.20 Build 371
iMac Pro (2017)
MacOS Mojave 10.14.5
Processor: Intel Xeon W 3Ghz (10 Core)
Hyperthreading Enabled
Ram 128GB 2666 MHz DDR4
GFX: Radeon Pro Vega 64X 16GB

1 Like

Also Time Warp seems super buggy, about every 3rd time when moving a warp marker it just quits (musical events follow mode) :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

And when in warp grid-only mode (events stay put) forget it, it just crashes every time. :sob:

Is this a known bug? anyone?

thanks again,