Constant Midi out from an unknown device!

Hi,

The Midi out indicator in my copy of Cubase is constantly active now. I’ve noticed that there is a weird device in the settings that seems to be responsible, for when I set it to ‘inactive’ it stops. The problem is that this resets itself every time I close Cubase.

Any ides what this device may be or how I find out what it is? The weird device is DESKTOP-9897A.

Cheers,
James

Hi,

Double check Studio > Studio Setup > Remote Devices. Make sure Mackie HUI is not available here, or some other Remote Device, which sends a signal “I’m alive”.

That looks like the name of a networked PC. Are you using any kind of networked MIDI, e.g. a wireless MIDI device?

Thank you, I looked at the Mackie settings and indeed it was using the ‘Desktop…’ MIDI port to transmit. Disconnecting that has stopped the constant activity.

I think I’d set this up ages ago while trying various ‘control Cubase with my phone’ type things…

Cheers! :slight_smile:

Yeah I think you are right. The above post solved the actual constant activity, so it’s not such a pressing issue to find the source now. I think the port was added when I was trying out some wireless control things…!

Cheers! :slight_smile: