Context menu tokens

Dorico Help’s “Text Tokens” page (Text tokens) includes this statement:

You can access all the available tokens from the context menu when the cursor is inside a text frame. In the context menu, tokens are organized into submenus.

I’m assuming that this means the context menu available via a mouse right-click in Windows, but this does not happen for me (even when cursor is inside a text frame). The context menu that appears is the regular context menu that appears anywhere else. I must have misunderstood something . . .

Any tips?

Here, “cursor” means the blinking line when entering text inside a text frame, not the mouse pointer. Are you actively inside a text frame when you try accessing the context menu for tokens, or are you simply hovering the mouse pointer over a text frame?

Hi, Lillie;

The only way I know of “actively” being inside a text frame is by double-clicking inside the text frame, and what that does (for me) is open the (is it called) text editor (?):

. . . which – as far as I can tell – only has options for Paragraph text, not tokens.

Yes, so double-click a text frame to be inside it, so that the cursor is visible, the text editor is shown etc - then follow the instructions given: right-click, and access the context menu.

Aha – thank-you, Lillie! I wouldn’t otherwise have guessed this! :smiley:

I’ve made a note to review this wording, although nouns are quite specific in the manual: “mouse pointer”, “cursor”, “caret” mean distinct things and are used accordingly.

Yes, I’ve long observed the excellent precision and conciseness of the entries!

My problems there usually arise when I have insufficient exposure and experience with the defining terms used – and, of course, even less understanding of the techniques associated with them.

(This time, obviously, I was going with the typical Windows definition of “cursor”, and didn’t stop to consider that the term was perhaps being more specifically used here.)