Control room keeps dropping out

I have set up Control Room in Cubase 11. However, when booting up a project Control Room sometimes becomes untethered and drops the output connections. I though it was a permanent setup until you change it yourself?

yes itā€™s ā€˜globalā€™

maybe the projects have outputs that are assigned to the ones used by the control room, so it disconnects them when that project loads ?

maybe try ā€œExclusive Device Ports for Monitor Channelsā€ ā€¦

(just guessing here !)

So it doesnā€™t override? I will check.

Thanks.

post back if it fixes itā€¦

Where would I find this. I have been searching without much luck.
Cheers.

in preferences > VST > control room I think

I sent you the link to the manual page in the previous post

Sorry. However the manual did not give a location.

Actually the clue was in save as a preset. I think that might have worked. Time will tell.

Thanks for the heads up

1 Like

it does ? - look at the right hand side - the contents list:

Preferences
-VST
ā€“VST Control Room (cubase pro only)

itā€™s hightlighted in red (at least on ā€˜chromeā€™ it is) ?

I am obviously a bit dim. I am afraid when I was reading it I could not see the top or the bottom of the page. Anyway it was already ticked when I looked. It seems that this issue is mainly apparent when opening tracks that have not used Control room.

Thank you for your patience.

1 Like

Yes, I was clutching at straws :smiley:

I wondered if the project you loaded had the same outputs as the control room and the project ā€˜overridesā€™ that ā€¦turning the preference off should allow sharing portsā€¦although I donā€™t see how that can happen on an outputā€¦but hey.

The only time Iā€™ve had control room I/O issues is when Iā€™ve had a crash on exit - this means changes to the control room were not saved, including I/O changes - but Iā€™m sure this isnā€™t the issue youā€™re having.

You are right I have used the same outputs and thought the Control Room would override. I will try reloading the old tracks that I have altered and if there are no issues I will just assume that it is a onetime thing for each older project.

I have been teaming up with a friend to explore new aspects of Cubase we havenā€™t tried and have gone on an enormous learning experience. Next is VCA Tracks.

might be it ? And Iā€™d assume the Control Room would override but who knowsā€¦

and yes - thereā€™s always so much in cubase to learn :smiley: