Control Room output to Stream software OBS, etc

I am trying to setup control room to output into StreamLabs OBS running on the same computer. I thought I saw a video before where this is possible without any third party software like Virtual Cable, or other desktop software mixers. Is third-party software the only way to do it? I’m running Cubase Pro 12.

I recently got OBS & ran into the same issue where the Cubase audio being recorded by OBS was silence. I’m using an RME interface which is multi-client, so it was a bit surprising. I found I could have both Cubase & a video in a browser playing at the same time - hear them both in my speakers. But when I recorded this using OBS only the video’s sound got recorded.

What I suspect is happening is that OBS can only see the Audio sources that the Windows driver presents, but since Cubase uses the ASIO driver and not the Windows driver OBS can’t find it - again just guessing at this point. I haven’t explored this any further. But I’m wondering if using something like ASIO4ALL might help (doubtful, but…). Also, maybe if I create a Loopback in the RME, OBS would see that.

Hi,

If the other software doesn’t create any virtual audio input, you have to use 3rd party software to do so. Cubase doesn’t create a virtual audio ports.

You have asio for obs, i cannot recall atm but there is some plugin on their forum google OBS Asio and i am sure you will get it.

2 Likes

Which led to this useful video

Yes that’s how I made it work here i think. Unfortunately i set it once and never touch settings again so i cannot point precise details here but I am sure I managed to record system sound as well as sound from DAW without using virtual cables or any 3rd party software.

Ok, I might be privileged having an RME interface. Here is a short video on how I get Cubase to OBS without downloading anything, not even the ASIO plugin. Using CR as @Ryan_Halston requested it.
https://youtu.be/aGF0dLqeHtU

I might not have the right to embed a video, so kindly use the link.

1 Like

Cool. That should work with any interface that supports Loopback. Clever setting it up as a Cue.

For anyone looking for the plug-in here’s the link

1 Like

Thanks. The alternatives in Cubase are

• Send effect → Group Channel (works also in Artist and Elements)
  • Direct Routing → Group Channel (activated Summing Mode!)

If your Sends and Cues are all used up, Direct Routing is usually still available.

If you use Steinberg or Yamaha Audio Interface
You just use loop back function

1 Like

Hello
I have a MOTU 828mk3 hybrid interface.
the loopback function works but the sound is too low
I can’t find the solution so far.
so I use the Reastream Plugin and it works very well but if anyone has an idea about this sound too weak I’m interested because reastream is a VST2 Plugin
which I think in the next Cubase updates will probably no longer work.

I have the Steinberg UR824. There is a loopback (for inputs 1/2) that works fine with OBS.

Have a look at OMAHS on YouTube.
He is using a Focusrite and the CR in Cubase.