Controlling Surround Panner (MIDI)

Any news, if the parameters of Nuendos Surround Panner are finally assignable via Generic MIDI Controller in N5.5?

I guess this was just missed in N5, since you alredy can control them via quick-controls.

Regards, Domilik

I’m also very interested in this - seems that the tech is already there under the hood

More than L-R and F-R should really be available - I for one would love a box on my desk that was locked to all parameters of the panner on a selected track

Without having to use up or assign my quick controls

Anyone on the beta team here? Pretty please with sugar on top ask dev to add items like divergence and LFE level as midi controlable - personally, this alone would be worth the 5.5 upgrade price and would significantly influence large purchase decisions I’m juggling at the moment

bump?

I can’t believe that me and one other guy are the only people that want this.

please update this in 5.5

…and so it´s time for the other guy to underline this request.

I even asked for this immediately after launch of Nuendo 5 in last June and was a bit disappointed when I didn´t saw this fixed in 5.1.

But finally I´m glad, that there is at least one other guy with me now, since last June I was the only one… http://www.nuendo.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=22413&sid=cdb614c980a3d84761ccd63f7af5bacb

Check pm’s Dom

still not considered in 5.5…
So we’re waiting for the next update.

+1

Me wants!!

bump, still not fixed in 5.5.2

Why can I midi-control every single parameter of the nuendo preferences for example, which (I guess) absolutely nobody is using out there, but still do not have the ability to control the surround panner???

Waiting for this since June 2010…

I gave on this one…
They’re not going to do it. If anything, it’ll be an iPad/phone app… but it probably won’t work right.

I gave on this one…
They’re not going to do it. If anything, it’ll be an iPad/phone app… but it probably won’t work right.

Sigh.

Surroundpanning in Nuendo still only via mouse!

Only available paramters for midi-controlling:
Pan Left-Right
Pan Front-Rear

That’s it

And here we are, ELEVEN years later, and still the only parameters are left-right and front-rear.

UNBELIEVABLE

I miss Kid-Dropper. I remember the days when we could use a usb joystick but no more. Would be great to use something like

unless you need tactile feedback there’s EuControl software and a tablet, no?

1 Like

Wow, I had no idea one could just use Avid Control for free like that! Thank you for showing me this.

I’m trying the panner, and it is already much better than nothing, but its a bit glitchy for me, no idea why.

But still, these things drive me crazy with Steinberg: How can they think it is acceptable, in a 1000 Euro “Premium” software like Nuendo, that MIDI control over Multipanner is so half-assed? I mean, none of its parameters are available apart from FR and LR… Why?? How is this possible? How can they leave it like that for years and years? Same thing with the Right channel in a Stereo Combined Panner. Why? How can they just leave it like that?
And they make Cubase IC charge for it, and it doesn’t have Multipanner either!
While this s***show continues, their direct competitor makes an app that can access and control all of those parameters, plug and play, and makes it free.

It’s a bit off putting sometimes.

Edit: oh, unfortunately Avid Control can’t be customized, and shows parameters that are useless to me, while hiding others that I use more frequently. See? It’s Steinberg that should have finished their job with MIDI Remote.

I have found a way to map most of VSTMultipanner’s controls to an Ipad running TouchOSC, and it is working perfectly!

If you create a MIDI Remote device and simply try to find the parameters on the mapping assistant, they will not be there. BUT, if you open Multipanner and map the controls as if you were mapping any VST, in a “fixed” Focus Mode setting, the parameters are all transported to the mapping assistant. At this point, all you have to do is change the Focus Mode to “selected track”, and there you have it!

The only parameters that cant be mapped in any way I found were Radius, Orbit and Counter Shot. But at least the rest is now on a dedicated Panner surface, with visual feedback, right on my desk. With none of the lagging, glitches or waste of screen of the Avid Control.

Hope this helps someone.

Thanks for the insights!

3 Likes