Convert chords in MIDI arp sequence, (external plugin) not Arpache.

Im so jaleos of this new FL Studio feature, allowing to convert chords in to arpeggio sequence, using external plugins as CTHULU, instead of the native plugins as Arpache…

Is cubase able to do something like this and maybe am I missing?

Check out the video

Hi,

You can drag and drop the Chords from the Chord Track to the MIDI track. Then you can use any Arpeggiator MIDI Insert. If you want to print the arpeggio to the track, use MIDI > Freeze MIDI Modifier function.

To be sure that Im understanding: This means, I can use a complex arpeggiator as: CTHULU from XferRecords, and print the arpeggio in a MIDI track?

I get a bit confused, as far as I understand this was possible only with Arpache and Arpache SX…

Maybe the jalousy blinded you? :slight_smile:

Hi,

I don’t know this arpeggiator. If this is a MIDI Insert effect, then you can do it.

I took a look at the video and it looks OK. Cubase does all that and more and, I think, easier. In addition to what’s mentioned in previous posts, try this if you have not.

1. Use Retrologue 2 and the included Flux Instrument
    Both of those have very full featured Arpeggiators and both allow creation of drag and drop MIDI Parts.

The Flux Arpeggiator is very powerful and includes eight slots. Even if the sound you’re working with in Flux is not what you want, it’s very easy to create parts in Flux and then move the MIDI to the instrument you want to play the part.

The Retrologue 2 arpeggiator is also very powerful but, unfortunately, only provides one bank for the sequence. However, MIDI sequences can be recorded to the buffer and then dragged into the MIDI track (to any midi track).

1. Use the Record Function on the stock Cubase appegiator plug-ins. This way the MIDI output from the plug-in is recorded to the track, rather than chords.

I didn’t see anything in the video that Cubase can’t do. And, imho, Cubase makes it easier to get to the same place.

The arpeggiator in Omnisphere also records sequences very well.

Also, remember, you can assign a pattern to the chord pads…and use live transform…and so on…

Anyway, good luck and don’t be jealous. It’s all there.

First of all thank you for the time you spent on explain me :slight_smile:

About feel jealous is just an expression in the good sense heheh

The point of my post is to know if I can use an arpeggiator plugin as CTHULU from XferRecords, and extract the MIDI sequence, as I really like this plugin. And seen that this is so easy in FL, I wonder, what are the steps to make the same in Cubase?

Yes you can capture the arp midi from CTHULU, the way you’d do it, follow the CTHULU instructions if not sure how to set it up in Cubase, but MIDI IN to whatever VST you have loaded should be CTHULU and monitor button has to be on from what I recall, I’ve done it a few times.
When you find a pattern you like, you simple hit record then play it back, it’ll capture the MIDI notes which you can then manipulate further.

In fact, have a look at the video below:

Awesome! is this possible with Vsts with integrated complex arpeggiators, as Sylenth1 ?

No, CTHULU is a MIDI effect in many ways, the built-in arp in Sylenth and any other VST’s is different, it’s part of that instrument!

If you wanted to capture an arp piece from Sylenth1 to MIDI, one way I can think of is to remove all FX’s in Sylenth, so the sound is as plain as possible, bounce the arp part to audio, then use VariAudio or Melodyne to convert the audio to MIDI. I think VariAudio is mono only so bear that in mind. Reason to remove the FX is because you would end up with a messy MIDI part as any delays would mean extra notes etc.

Another way is to look at the arp part within Sylenth1, not used it for some time so I don’t recall how the arp page looks like, you can see the pattern in some of the VST’s, replicate that in the piano roll, example first note is 0 which would be whatever key you want, say C, second note is +5 so that would be an F etc, I’m sure you get it. I’ve done this a few times in the past.

Maybe there is another way to capture the MIDI from VST’s, but I don’t know it.