Convert .fxp to .fxb ?

I have a lots of .fxp files for my VSTi synth (“Sylenth”) that I wish to combine into into an .fxb file

How can I do this? Currently, with all these individual fxp files, I have to

• click the “load preset” icon on the VSTi
  • select “import FXP / FXB”
  • double click the FXP i want to load
  • audition the sound
  • to choose the next sound, I have to go back to the first step and repeat all of them!

Is there a better way to audition .fxp files than this ??? It’s a pain in the ass having to repeat all those steps when all I want to do is click “next” or “previous” patch. (.fxp files don’t show in in the media browser, so I cant use that)

FD :-/

You’d have to go all the way back to SX3 (or maybe you could load the instrument into Plogue Bidule?), in order to organize your fxps into fxbs.

You could do it in SX3 but not C6 ???
So yet again they have REMOVED another useful piece of functionality (?) How totally and utterly crap!

As owner of C5 and C6, can I somehow get a free copy of SX3 to do the conversions?

“bidule” seems interesting - but I refuse to pay extra money for a synth, just to load presets into another synth I have already paid for! Isn’t there something free that can do the conversion?

I really wish SB would STOP BREAKING THINGS in the name of “progress”

Here… Re: Cubase VST Song import in Cubase 4 and later: a solution - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

You could do it in SX3 but not C6 ???
So yet again they have REMOVED another useful piece of functionality (?) How totally and utterly crap!

fxp /fxb were replaced by vstpresets, as of Cubase 4. The only concession is that they can still be imported.
(I’ve no idea where I could find it now, for reference, but, AFAIR, the reasoning behind the abandon of the fxb “bank” system, is that it presumed fxp(preset) slots of equal size, which, over time, was becoming a drawback for more and more plugins. Even before vstpresets, there were already Vst plugin developers who would simply bypass the fxb system, for that very reason.
On the other hand, it is a pity that we don’t still have the possibility of exporting a preset in fxp format.

“bidule” seems interesting - but I refuse to pay extra money for a synth, just to load presets into another synth I have already paid for! Isn’t there something free that can do the conversion?

While it is true that Bidule, as a VST/AU plugin itself, is a paid-for version, the basic Bidule standalone is still free (but you might just as well simply use SX3 instead :wink: )

Thanks Vic, very useful.

Partly as a heads up for those who may be still querying on this issue even after this long silent thread… VSTHost may be a help :question: