Convert MIDI cc recording to bezier curves

Input:
Output:

Is there a way to automate this task? Any other related tip / trick will also be appreciated.

Motivation: Once transformed to Bezier curves, it’s easier to edit, like so:

(Note I’m talking about the bezier curves in the key editor cc lanes, not automation tracks)

If this is not possible, I would like to feature-request it.

Hey I remember watching this video long time ago.
That’s not exactly bezier but removes all the unnecessary points, dunno if it can be useful for you

It also turns out there was a topic on this

Hey, I saw this video. This explains how to move the recorded cc to an automation track. As explain in the question, I want a way to do it in the cc lane of the key editor.

Ok so that’s not what you intended… I am not aware of any other way to do this but seems a cool feature to request (if no one else has a solution)

@ShacharHarshuv

I’m guessing that you know you can select the “stepped” CC input that you recorded and change ALL the points to ramp/curve. It still leaves you with ALL the individual points though and doesn’t clean up BUT you do get rid of those horrible steps.

What I would like would be if I could record the CC input as ramp/curve initially and NOT as stepped CC data - do you have any knowledge on this, is there a preference somewhere?

I’m guessing that you know you can select the “stepped” CC input that you recorded and change ALL the points to ramp/curve.

Actually no. While it doesn’t solve my issue I’ll love to know how to do it. Also if you can configure this to happen by default it would be nice.

What I would like would be if I could record the CC input as ramp/curve initially and NOT as stepped CC data - do you have any knowledge on this, is there a preference somewhere?

Considering that this feature (curves on the key editor) was only introduced in the last version, I doubt it is even possible.

The curve editor in Cubase is as a whole, in my opinion, very uncomfortable. (As some one who used to play with 3D modeling and animation softwares, I can tell you there are better ways to edit automations (like animation) and curves). There’s a lot of things Cubase is doing very right, but this is not one of them.

What I do is (on a Mac)
Open Key Editor Window
Press “Command + A” to select all
Deselect all the notes
In the Info Line near the top of the screen, change curve type from “Step” to “Ramp/Curve”
And you’re done

I’m sure if you were so inclined you could make this into a macro and just have it on one Key Command.

As previously stated, it doesn’t help to get rid of redundant CC data but it makes the lane look and behave a little neater.

What I would like is for the data to be recorded in the Ramp/Curve state in the first place, or at least an option to select this. I haven’t found one to date. Screenshot 2021-01-15 at 07.40.44 Screenshot 2021-01-15 at 07.41.18

1 Like

I was looking for this exact thing today. That is, hoping for a simple conversion from the old MIDI CC data points to Bezier curve.

1 Like

+1 for converting Midi CC to bezier curves in the key editor

1 Like