Converting a mono to stereo track?

Hello guys,
I’m searching in the manual how to convert a mono track to stereo but no luck. Will keep looking. But if anyone can help me out, much appreciated.
Thank you.
Mark

You can put a mono file onto a stereo track if that’s what you’re looking for.

If we talk about the configuration, which you set when you create the audio track: Unfortunately, this cannot be changed later. You will have to create a new audio track with the matching configuration.

Hi, just put the mono audio on a stereo track or route the mono track to a stereo group and then use any “mono to stereo” plugin / delay / reverb or whatever effect you like on the stereo track/group to make your mono audio sound stereo. Hope that helps.

FWIW - changing track types has been on the feature wish (dream?) list for years.

2 Likes

Now we have answered this ambiguous question in every respect. Only the questioner says nothing more and enlightens us, what he meant with his question. :rofl:

Or that there are no more track types at all. That you can insert any material on any track in any channel configuration. (I’m still allowed to dream.)

1 Like

that would be interesting - but I’m not sure how that would work with plugins ? how would it know how many channels to process ?

I think being able to select track the track type fixes all these problems ?

I leave that to the programmers. :wink:
Didn’t I read once that REAPER doesn’t know any track types? Midi, audio, video… everything goes on the same track. (However, I don’t know if and how that is with surround files.)
In Sequoia it works quite differently than in Nuendo: there are only stereo tracks. Surround is then organized via the busses/master and folder tracks. A completely different principle, but sometimes it makes modifications easier. (Also because Sequioa is consistently object-based.)

I was more interested in not having to specify it when creating the track.
Somewhere you will surely have to define all this. I will give it some thought. Maybe I’ll come up with something. :grinning:

Yep, and what’s interesting is that you can have any type event on the same track AT THE SAME TIME. You can have a midi event and right next to it an audio clip. Pretty cool stuff

While I absolutely agree that Nuendo needs more flexibility in track handling (especially regarding the number of channels), I still struggle to see a use case for that Reaper-feature mentioned above … :sunglasses: