Copy all voices to another staff

I have a three-stave piano piece that I plan to condense down to two. Right now, everything that I want to be in the second staff is in the third staff. I want to just copy and paste all of the music from staff three (it’s two voices, stem up/stem down, with some mid-bar clef changes) into the second staff. I can’t seem to figure this out. If I select everything in staff three and Alt-click to paste into staff two, it does nothing. Same if I try Cmd-C and Cmd-V from staff three to staff two. If I use the move to staff above command, it sort of copies everything but packs it into one voice and loses the clef changes. Why can’t I just select everything in staff three and paste into staff two? Thx

I don’t think I can reproduce.

EDIT: I can reproduce when “moving from staff to staff” but that’s it; Alt+click and Copy/Paste works fine.

Can you please attach a project with just a few bars so we can explore?

1 Like

Are you in Write mode?

I’m in write mode. After further exploration, it looks like it might be related to the first beat being a rest? I was able to alt-click bit by bit and it mostly works. But when the measure starts with a quarter rest followed by three quarter notes, it won’t copy

Alt+Click and Copy/Paste seems to work for me still.

Can you send a short project with the problem section?

For what it’s worth, I’m not sure why two of the three methods would work but not the Move To Staff Above.

It may just be the weird way in which I went about notating it in the first place. It’s likely something to do with switching clefs on the second beat. Anyways, I worked around it, but it did just seem weird that there wasn’t a “nuclear” copy/paste option.

Sorry, I’m not sure what you mean?

The ability to select everything on a staff and copy/paste it to another without issue. What’s copied is pasted.

Well, there is no issue for me in that regard. Sorry to be so blunt!

Unless one can reproduce the problem you’re having then there’s not much we can do. If it is happening consistently for you in one project then it’s best to attach, or maybe a screen recording(?), or at least describe the steps in detail.

Select the first rest, then click on Select to End of Flow. Then Alt click.