Copy custom expression map switch to another instrument in same VST player?

Other than creating the same custom expression map switch from scratch, is there a quick way of copying a custom expression map base switch that has been created for, e.g., HSO violin solo, to another HSO instrument – e.g., HSO viola solo?

Thanks!

No, at the moment the expression map editor in Dorico doesn’t provide a means of copying and pasting switches between different maps.

I believe @Eggsalad’s stand-alone and Mac only expression map editor might have this functionality. You can read more about that here:

1 Like

Thanks!

Dorico Expression Map Editor might help some with this. It allows cutting and pasting of actions and conditions (and text), and clipboard data persists when you close/import expression maps. So you can cut and paste between maps.

Currently though, it allows only one expression map open at a time, and it doesn’t allow cutting and pasting of switches as a whole. Future versions will expand these features.

Thanks, Eggsalad! I had just checked out your Dorico Expression Map Editor 1.0 webpage, and saw that it’s so far only for Mac. Sounds like a great app! Unfortunately, I’m on PC. . .

1 Like

Ah yes, hopefully someday…

1 Like