Copy/Paste function is broken

Hi,
I’m working on a string quartet and since yesterday the copy/paste function doesn’t work properly. It is impossible to copy and paste items and notes from the violins to the viola and the cello or from the cello and the viola to the violins. I can share the project privately.

Best,

Francis

By all means send me the project by PM or email it to me at r dot lanyon at steinberg dot de.

The problem is that at b.82 you have deleted the Viola’s main staff - see the “-1 staff” signpost here:

This means that any material pasted onto the viola will not draw, because by default it will go onto the instrument’s main staff, and that staff is not visible. If you delete the signpost it should start working again as you would expect.

2 Likes

Dear Richard, many thanks for your help! It works fine now. There is another thing : in this passage, I’m actually adding single-line staves and I want to transfer the content from the string quartet to these staves and it seems the copy/paste function doesn’t work for the first two single-line staves. I thought at first the problem was related I’m not sure now.
Best,

Francis