Copy plugin issues

Hi,
when I copy the Lexicon plugin “LexHall” from the Master Section to the Inspector (Montage Output) using “copy master section plugins” not all parameters are copied. In this case the (most important) basic room setting is not kept (see attached screenshots).

Additionally, drag and drop from Master Section to montage effects (now Inspector) doesn’t work anymore. That was very handy.
Now, if you try to drag the plugin to a place where dropping is not allowed the plugin is even deleted from the master section. Very bad, undo does not work here.

In addition to drag and drop, It would be extremely nice to be able to select one (or more) plugin anywhere (Inspector, Master section), press + to copy (or + to cut) and then select a free slot anywhere and press + to paste the plugin there. Within the Inspector only this is allready possible (right click…), I think.

Thanks
Nils

when I copy the Lexicon plugin “LexHall” from the Master Section to the Inspector (Montage Output) using “copy master section plugins” not all parameters are copied. In this case the (most important) basic room setting is not kept (see attached screenshots).

VST 2 or 3 plugin? Parameters are requested by WaveLab, and if the plugin does not expose all its parameters, the copy can only be partial.

drag and drop from Master Section to montage effects (now Inspector) doesn’t work anymore

Indeed, this feature was not re-implemented with the new Inspector window. Let’s see if that’s possible.

In addition to drag and drop, It would be extremely nice to be able to select one (or more) plugin anywhere (Inspector, Master section), press + to copy (or + to cut) and then select a free slot anywhere and press + to paste the plugin there.

You are right, but not that easy. Plugins are not items that are as easily copied “as text”, for example.

VST 2 or 3 plugin? Parameters are requested by WaveLab, and if the plugin does not expose all its parameters, the copy can only be partial.

It’s a VST2. Within the Inspector and e.g. in Reaper all parameters are copied correctly. It only seems to happen from Master Section to Inspector.

Indeed, this feature was not re-implemented with the new Inspector window. Let’s see if that’s possible.

Would be great!

Thanks!
Nils

Hi …

I have come across something like this in 9.5 with one DMG plugin. And it made no difference if it was VST 2 or 3. It actually did copy all the parameters correctly, but displays an incorrect preset name. I think it looks like you have the same issue. My thoughts are that this is the way that the plugin dealt with its own preset names … rather than a WL issue.

Thanks for the hint, Paul, but in my case it is not just the displayed name. The plugin sounds differently, that’s how I got aware of this issue.

Nils