Copyright symbol in Tokens menu?

Would it be possible to add the copyright symbol to the tokens menu?

Why? This is easy to type with the keyboard. In Windows it’s Alt-0169 (numbers typed on the num pad with Num lock active) and in MacOS it’s even simpler with Option-G.

None of this works for me, So I always have to copy paste from a google search.

If you’re using one of the standard macOS keyboard layouts, then you should certainly be able to type the copyright sign by typing Alt+G. Do you find that typing accented characters works? E.g. to type é you type first Alt+E, then E.

(Try searching)

The general solution is to use the Mac’s Keyboard Viewer. You may need to enable it in System Prefs > Keyboard, but it should appear under the ‘country flag’ menulet.
A quick Google shows that © is quite elusive on a Swedish keyboard: you may need to use the “Swedish Pro” Keyboard layout, and then it’s Alt 2.

Alternatively, I recommend the app PopChar as a great utility for selecting and inputting characters within a font.

I’m using a Swedish windows keyboard with my Mac. That’s maybe why the usual keyboard shortcuts don’t work? I’ll copy and paste from a google search as I have done as usual, it’s not often that I use it after all.

Leo gave the accurate answer again. I tried it on my mac, with a swedish layout, and alt-1 gives ©. As Ben has suggested, click on the flag on the top right menu and look for the keyboard visualisation.

Alt-1 works, thanks!

Alt+G is giving me ¸
But I do get é with Alt+E

I found the copyright symbol with © ALT+1

Why not adding the Copyright symbol to the Copyright field by default and making it only appear, when other text is added? I can’t imagine a Copyright remark without this symbol, so I would prefer an easy and quick way to show it inside Dorico (without copying from other programs or having to learn a code for the symbol).
I’m on Windows 10 (German) and in Microsoft Word I can add the copyright symbol by pressing “alt gr” + c. Doesn’t work in Dorico. Word also changes (c) into the copyright symbol by default. Could this also be a possibility in Dorico?

+1

Yes to any or all of this please. I use a windows laptop without a numeric pad which for some reason does not have a num lock key (at least not that I’ve been able to find) so having to add copyright symbols always ends up being a multi-step process.

Another suggestion arising from this that I think would be fantastic is to have the ability to save default Project info - the copyright symbol for one, but also Composer name, Composer Dates, Publisher, and other things that are usually the same from one score to the next.

I’ll certainly think about this. There’s probably no harm in having Dorico populate the copyright field with at least the copyright symbol and the year by default. Hopefully nobody would find that actively annoying, though I daresay somebody will…

LOL Daniel…

Look at us (ruefully) - we’re annoyed at the minor inconvenience of inserting one character that we do once per project, and could probably put in a template project or script if it REALLY annoyed us. Please don’t lose hope in humanity and abandon us… ©

As long as you can press backspace to make it disappear if you don’t want it then I can’t imagine this being an issue.

Another tip for people with a stream deck: I programmed a special key that has the copyright symbol as the icon and when I press it it types all my typical copyright info. Has the symbol, year, my name and my contact info. Makes it terribly quick and easy.

I’ll definitely be the irritable ****** that complains about the copyright symbol if it turns up on every flow, but if it only turns up once per project then I’ll manage :wink:

Perhaps a global setting in the preference pane would make both parties happy.

The current copyright info is only inserted in the first page template, so unless this is changed (which I doubt) you won’t have anything to complain about.

Yeah, but when working on multi-flow projects where each flow has separate copyright information (because, for instance, the original copyrights are owned by different subsidiaries of the same publishing company, and date from different years), this is potentially an irritation. This might sound far-fetched but I’m working on exactly such a project (three books, actually) right now.