Copyright Symbol

Yes I know, but not on my machine. My Swedish Pro keyboard wants Alt 1. Maybe that will help some unhappy Swede.

Yes, Alt-1 here also. Looks like you’re in Sweden, and I’m using a Norwegian keyboard - so I’m guessing there are different Alt shortcuts in the different keyboard regions. We have the nordic characters on our keyboards already, and the accenting keys. Alt-G produces a ¯ and Alt-g ¾ Some keys we don’t have at all, like the tilde character and backslash character (Alt+Shift+7).

On my keyboard, Swiss-french Mac, the copyright sign is made with Alt+C → ©. Alt+G makes @

This really works. Thank you!

In Windows, I simply choose Win+Space+International Keyboard

Then (each row of an Italian keyboard)

**ÂĄ ÂČ Âł € € ÂŒ Âœ Ÿ ‘ ’ „ × **
**Ă€ Ă„ Ă© Âź ĂŸ ĂŒ Ăș Ă­ Ăł ö « » **
**ĂĄ ß Ă° Ăž ¶ ÂŽ ÂŹ **
Ê © ñ ” ç ¿

Even capitals are allowed

(And welcome @klinemapfumo !)

I use “Win” + “.” on Windows 10 and than you find the (c) under the 3rd tab “symbols”.

1 Like

Alt-1 on a Swedish Mac keyboard.

Jesper

Copying and pasting © works.
However, is there a way to insert it without copying and pasting from somewhere else nor doing keyboard shortcuts?
Alternatively, could Dorico (in a future version) automatically insert the copyright symbol when writing the info about copyright on Project Info?

You can’t really insert any character without using a keyboard, I’m afraid
 it’s really what the keyboard is for! :wink:

1 Like

If one is using Windows, one can hold down the ALT key while typing 0169 (one the numeric keypad).

On macOS, I habitually use the Emoji and Symbols / Character viewer as the long-press-then-select-letter-variation trick doesn’t always work, and remembering unicode characters is one thing too many for me, I’m afraid. You can build up a very useful “Frequently Used” selection quite quickly.

I don’t get the copyright symbol from 169, I get the “registered trademark” R in a circle: ¼

to get © you actually need to include the “0” before 169. so Alt+0169

This is my solution (Windows). Works perfectly, and very flexible. How to manage character substitutions? - Dorico - Steinberg Forums

Actually you can. On Word, for example, you can go to Insert → Symbol → More Symbols → Special Characters → ©

Another example: On Finale, you go to Text → Inserts → ©

On Mac: alt+g

“On Mac: alt+g”
Since 1984.

you were right, stevejobs

Also since post #2 in this thread, 6 years ago 
 though it is not technically a ‘shortcut’.

On Mac you can also enter text by clicking on the keyboard viewer window. But I’ve never heard of anyone doing that unless their keyboard was frozen.

1 Like

But who really reads the whole thread?! (Sarcasm)

1 Like

what is this “whole thread” of which you speak???

1 Like