I’m wanting to do this:
And I want to make sure I’m doing it the most efficient way, since I have a ton of these to do in the next few weeks. I did read the manual on this topic.
Here’s what I’m doing:
- Add a second dummy instrument to a score layout
- Write in the rhythms in that new staff where they’ll be displayed. It seems I can’t add these as a slash voice, since then the notes won’t display at the top of the staff if I set it to rhythmic cue.
- Change regular noteheads to slash noteheads
- Add the cue to the displayed instrument
- Change the cue to rhythmic cue
- Toggle on the “Start text” property.
Could someone confirm I’m doing this the correct/fastest way? It certainly is easier than doing it in Finale, though I wish I could add these cues as slash voices initially. And it would be helpful if there were an option in Layout Options to never display the cue labels in a particular layout.