Corrupted project / Cubase 11 / Crash Windows / No Crash Mac

The issue is a specific project that crashes all the time when I navigate between tracks, especially when I go through the tracks in the project that have the plug-ins that I usually use, or when I just open the mixer. However, it should be noted that in the same project I deleted all the tracks of the project leaving only the output and the project is still crashing…

This happens in windows with Cubase 11 and 12. In mac we have tested and in version 12 the empty project does not crack, however we have not tested in version 11 of mac.

Among the troubleshootings I have tried the following:

Before delete every track in the project:

1.- Hide the whole path of VST2 and VST3 of 3rd party

2.- Disable Cubase preferences and 3d party plugins, which I guess is the same than the above in a better way.

3.- Freezing most of the tracks.

4 .- Close all programs.

• Open the ‘Run’ command prompt by pressing the Windows logo key + R simultaneously.
  • In the command line of the ‘Run’ window, enter this path: %appdata%/Steinberg
  • Locate the folder which is named the same as your Steinberg program, for example 'Cubase Pro 11’.
  • Rename it (for example to “xCubase Pro 11”) in order to hide it.
  • Important: If you find folders of previous program versions, make sure to hide or remove them too.

5.- Convert all audio files in the pool to 24 bit wav, after being some combined between FLAC and other…

6.- Save the project as a back up.

7.- Open a new project, then open the affected project without activating it, close the new project, and activate the affected project.

8.- Open a new project and import the tracks of the affected project.

9.- Rename the project as New version.

10.- Open backup projects where I can still rescue my progress, (the oldest one is more or less good, but it’s too old).

After delete all tracks in the project:

11.- hide all folders generated in a cubase project as audio, track image, etc.

12.- hide VST2, VST3 paths

13.- Open the project on another Windows computer.

All of the above with no positive result and the following with one positive result:

14.- Open the project on a colleague’s computer with mac version 12, in this case the project opened normally without crashing. However, opening the project in Cubase 12 in Windows also crashed…

We still need to test in Cubase 11 for mac.

To anyone who actually works closely with steinberg to assist or developers, I kindly ask you to take a look at this, thank you.

I would also like to add that not a single crashdump has been generated with this issue! even though there should be a lot of them… is a very strange cubase behavior /issue.