CP8 has stopped working & Error message

I get an AppCrash whenever I try to open specific projects.
These contain only audio tracks, no added VST or (in, out) effects in any chain.

Projects were created and edited normally but after saving and close of Cubase they refuse to open again. This is also happening in the backup saves of same projects.
I live in Greece, I don’t have any contact or call support from here. I have Crash Dump files (.dmp) in case anybody of the stuff is interested in reviewing.

We will need more information to help with the issue. Please add your system specifications (including version and build of Cubase, Operating System, CPU, RAM, Audio Interface, etc) to your signature. When did the problem start? What is the last thing you see loading when you attempt to open the project?

Are you using an VST Instrument plugins in the project? Thank you.

Hi Chris,

Cubase Pro 8.0.35.565 (64 bit), Windows 7 64bit (6.1, Build 7601), MSi MS-7641, AMD FX 6300 (6 CPUs, ~3.7 GHz), 16GB RAM, GeForce GTS 450, Audient iD22.

Problem started about a couple of months ago. Sometimes, opening another project first and then opening the current project, works as a process. Project gets activated and works. Though this is not happening with every project or every time.
I start these projects by importing a midi file. Projects that have this issue usually include 6 audio tracks (96/24), 2 midi (1 connected to HaLion), 5-10 Markers & Tempo changes. (NO in or out effects - native or 3rd party - in any audio/midi channel including stereo out).

Cubase loads as normal until I select the saved project, which then loads but when it is fully loaded there is an AppCrash. I get the “Cubase 8 has stopped working” window with optional problem details to show. As I said my crash dumps folder contains a lot of crashes of this issue.

Please let me know if there is anything else needed from me.
Thank you in advance.

EDIT Sometimes there is an additional Error message with the “Cubase 8 has stopped working” window.

Before 8.5, what other versions of Cubase did you have on the system? What is the last channel you see loading when you attempt to open the project?

I had a clean CP8 setup and then i just applied the latest update.
Latest track loading is the audio channel number 6. Also this is the latest track on project (on the bottom).

Is there anything unique about what you were doing on audio channel 6? If you would like to PM me and send me the .cpr file, I will be happy to see if I can load it on my system.