CPU compatibility with Cubase Pro 10.5

I have read the system requirements for installing Cubase 10.5, but am not very computer savvy, so I hope someone can help/advise…

I have tried US tech support email, but they have been vague and quite unhelpful and keep suggesting using this forum for help, which I find a little disappointing, but alas - here I am!

A brief introduction: I have been a Cubase 6 user for nearly 10 years running on a dedicated non-internet Windows 7 machine. Love the software and have made hundreds of albums/songs/etc. with it. It has been extremely stable and I have never had an issue with anything using it almost daily, so I need to reliably count on things to work w/out issues. The newest version looks incredible and I’d like to step up and get all the new features and benefits it has to offer, but with a CPU that is also around 10 years old I am suspecting that I will have to do some pretty major upgrades to it in order for it to “work”, which I am willing to do, but if I don’t have to - Great!

Here’s what I already know:

• Need to upgrade OS to Windows 10 (which I assume I can do w/out issues with my current configuration)

• Need 8GB RAM or more

• CPU “Minimum” is Intel Core i series or AMD Ryzen multi-core (which I am confused as to if my current configuration is equal to or “Just as good”)

• CPU Recommended: Intel i5 or faster (again - is this necessary for me given my machine and what it has?)

Here are my CPU details (see attached pictures):

• Processor: Intel(R) Core™2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz

• RAM: 8.00 GB

• 64-bit OS

• Computer: (via Device Manager) ACPI x64-based PC

Hopefully this is enough information to determine my request.

If anyone can advise, I’d really appreciate it. Let me know if you need any other details, pictures, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Quite obviously the official support will not give you any official clearence for a computer that has specs, that don´t fit the official system requirements - more than understandable.

I am interested in getting Cubase Elements 10.5, but first need to get a PC together.
my choice is basic
Intel i7
16gb Ram
Windows 10…
i will be using a Behringer audio interface via USB…
i guess this will be sufficient?

FWIW - I went with the following components for my upgraded CPU to run Cubase 10.5 from 6. Maybe this will help people like me in my situation since nobody here or at Steinberg really gave me any useful help or information…?

• Asus Prime Z390-P LGA1151 (Intel 8th and 9th Gen) DDR4 DP HDMI M.2 Z390 ATX Motherboard with USB 3.1 Gen2

• Intel Core i7-9700F Desktop Processor 8 Core 3 GHz speed

• Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16 Desktop Memory Kit - Black

• EVGA SuperNOVA 650 Ga, 80 Plus Gold 650W, Fully Modular, ECO Mode with Dbb Fan, 10 Year Warranty, Compact 150mm Size, Power Supply 220-GA-0650-X1

• Samsung (MZ-V7E500BW) 970 EVO SSD 500GB - M.2 NVMe Interface Internal Solid State Drive with V-NAND Technology, Black/Red

• Seagate BarraCuda 2TB Internal Hard Drive HDD – 3.5 Inch SATA 6Gb/s 7200 RPM 256MB Cache 3.5-Inch

• be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, BK022, 250W TDP, CPU Cooler

The rest I can/will salvage from my old system (case, video card, video monitors, etc.)

I have all the components and have DL’d Windows 10 and the update from Cubase6 to 10.5 and am ready to dive in this weekend!! Hopefully I made the correct choices… Should be a killer system!

So you bought the more expensive Z-series motherboard but didn’t buy the “K” cpu.

If this can help,

I used Cubase Elements 9.5, and now Cubase pro 10.5

with windows 10, 64 bit, an intel core 3 processor and 4GB of Ram

It works!!! Of course if you use heavy plugins as Groove Agents … it suffers. You have to perform the actions slowly otherwise Cubase freezes. But you can record tracks and songs as long as you “disable some tracks” keeping the project light while recording and working with some plugins. For the mixing and mastering there is not problem, since you can increase the buffer.
I mean if you plan to make projects with 40 tracks it won’t work, but for normal songs projects probably your old pc would have been enough