I have read the system requirements for installing Cubase 10.5, but am not very computer savvy, so I hope someone can help/advise…
I have tried US tech support email, but they have been vague and quite unhelpful and keep suggesting using this forum for help, which I find a little disappointing, but alas - here I am!
A brief introduction: I have been a Cubase 6 user for nearly 10 years running on a dedicated non-internet Windows 7 machine. Love the software and have made hundreds of albums/songs/etc. with it. It has been extremely stable and I have never had an issue with anything using it almost daily, so I need to reliably count on things to work w/out issues. The newest version looks incredible and I’d like to step up and get all the new features and benefits it has to offer, but with a CPU that is also around 10 years old I am suspecting that I will have to do some pretty major upgrades to it in order for it to “work”, which I am willing to do, but if I don’t have to - Great!
Here’s what I already know:
- Need to upgrade OS to Windows 10 (which I assume I can do w/out issues with my current configuration)
- Need 8GB RAM or more
- CPU “Minimum” is Intel Core i series or AMD Ryzen multi-core (which I am confused as to if my current configuration is equal to or “Just as good”)
- CPU Recommended: Intel i5 or faster (again - is this necessary for me given my machine and what it has?)
Here are my CPU details (see attached pictures):
- Processor: Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz
- RAM: 8.00 GB
- 64-bit OS
- Computer: (via Device Manager) ACPI x64-based PC
Hopefully this is enough information to determine my request.
If anyone can advise, I’d really appreciate it. Let me know if you need any other details, pictures, etc.
Thanks in advance!