CPU Overload Recording 1 track-No Plugins

I am using Cubaese 12 Pro, Processor Intel(R) Core™ i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero Motherboard
Installed RAM 64.0 GB (63.8 GB usable)
Cubase is installed on Raid Volume - 2 identical Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2’s
Cubase Projects stored on HDD Western Digital, used solely for this purpose.
My Audio Interface is the Steinberg UR28M
I am not using nor have any external instruments or effects hooked up to my system.
No Midi controller or anything midi hooked up (UR28M has no Midi ports)
I am using a fender 1/4" TS guitar cable to plug in my Tele or my Taylor acoustic to input 1
and I have an MXL microphone with XLR cable going into input 2.
THAT’S IT. THAT’S ALL. All drivers and firmware for my system are up to date. I have only 1 problem with my system and that is a CPU Overload. It is becoming more frequent, but still not constant.
But take in mind I am getting them on even the most basic of scenerios:
Recording to 1 track, just 1 input, acoustic guitar, either using Roomworks reverb as an insert effect or FX channel …or…no plugin at all! And NO OTHER TRACKS open or even created in the current project and no other project open! And BOOM a CPU Overload??? This last one froze Cubase. one before that made Cubase act weird/unusable.
Anyone have any ideas or things to try to solve this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.

1 Like

Do you have an antivirus scanner running? I once had severe performance problems with Cubase and then noticed that I forgot to exclude Cubase from the realtime antivirus scan.

1 Like

Just Windows firewall / Windows Defender. I just looked and Cubase wasn’t listed as an Allowed App so I just added it. Keeping fingers crossed! Thank you so much for replying. Ill post again after a week and give my results.

Is some ASUS motherboard software installed? Get rid of it.
Can you show us the autostart list?

This isn’t an issue since Skylake.

Why are you using raid? I have the same processor running at about 5GHz just letting the m/b decide the overclock. An ASUS Rog strix gaming. All throttling disabled as well as all the recommended tweaks and it runs flawlessly. I also only have 32Gig of memory. That’s why I ask about raid. Also I have internal audio disabled in bios as well as the wi fi adapter.

I have the same problem that only appeared in 12 pro. If I open project in 11 pro, That message does not appear.
Did you find a solution?

Sorry I’m just getting back to follow up. I started with the 1st suggestion -Cubase was not an allowed app in Windows firewall so I added it. and then i uninstalled all the ASUS software that was installed from the motherboard setup cd. That’s all I’ve done and have been using cubase
nonstop and so far no CPUOverload

sorry for also responding late to you. Thanks, I think it has to do with my Asus software like you mentioned. I purchased a new computer and no more cpu overload msg.
Thnak you again